Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Overweight Vizsla

I weighed Ralphie the other day and was shocked.  My boy is 70 pounds!!!  He's tall at 25.5 inches, but 70 pounds for a V...WOW!  I googled and what I found the max weight per the AKC is 66 pounds for a male.  Of course he's not a show dog, but I do want a healthy dog.  So I turned to my Vizsla Facebook friends to hear their thoughts.  I received plenty of feedback, mostly saying Ralphie looks great.  But there were a few that made me think..."if there is a dimple above his tail, he may be a tad overweight."  Yes, Ralphie has a dimple.

I really do feel I give Ralphie way too many treats each day plus I always share my food with him.  My way to show my love, through the tummy.  I know I need to cut his treats, but nope I can't stop giving him treats and I'll just share a little of my food...after all he is family.  Truly I would like to see him at 66 pounds.  So guess what...we're both on a mini-diet to shed just a few pounds.

The following is the Facebook string of comments that I received ... what a great group of people from all over the world!


My Ralphie is 25.5 inches tall and 70 pounds. Is he overweight? Should I be cutting back on his treats?
LikeLike ·  · 

No comments:

Post a Comment