Monday, October 1, 2012

Run Ralphie Run


Check out the chart below.   Based on this information I read in Runners World, Ralphie is going to be a great running partner.  I'm afraid I'm not going to live up to his expectations though...LOL  I will never run a 7 minute mile where the Vizsla excels in according to this chart.  But I may be able to satisfy Ralphie with a long, steady run...my longest run so far has been 12 miles, long, slow, and steady.

5 more days before Ralphie comes home!!!  
I can't wait!!!


BEST FOR

BREED

KEY TRAITS

Long, Steady Runs
(More Than 10 Miles)
• Weimaraners
• Goldendoodles
• German shorthaired pointers
• Vizslas
• Jack Russell terriers
A medium build, well-muscled hind quarters, not too heavy

Brisk Shorter Runs
(Less Than 10-K)
• Greyhounds
• Pit bulls
• English setters
• Beagles
• Golden and Labrador retrievers
A muscular and lean build, and a mind for sprinting rather than slogging

Going Fast
(7-Minute Miles or Faster)
• Vizslas
• German shorthaired pointers
• Weimaraners
• Greyhounds
• Whippets
A medium-size, lean build, and a mental aptitude for running

Long, Slow Runs
• Catahoulas
• Labrador retrievers
• Standard poodles
• Dalmatians
A bigger body that can handle the distance—if you go slow

Running in the Heat
• Rhodesian ridgebacks
• Vizslas
• Airedale terriers
• Fox terriers
A long nose, a short, sleek coat, and a svelte body

Running in the Cold
• Malamutes
• German shepherds
• Swiss mountain dogs
• Siberian huskies
A thick coat and a stockier body type

Running on Trails with Obstacles
• German shorthaired pointers
• Vizslas
• Weimaraners
• Border collies
• Belgian sheepdogs
Sure-footed and quick to react (such as herding and hunting dogs)

Most Obedient on Heavily Used Trails
• Golden and Labrador retrievers
• Standard poodles
• Labradoodles
• Border collies
Nonaggressive, people-oriented, and obedient; has a calm personality

No comments:

Post a Comment